Friday 20 July 2012

Thinking of Auden's Col Pass

Hello again, since you are reading it. I've mulling over the thought of chancing Auden's Col, but in not so good looking mountaineers way. The economy is tumbling and money is scarce. But my inability to afford costly mountaineering gears will not deter me from attempting this legendary trail that sways in between towering Himalayas peaks that stares at you like Almighty Himself. 

When J.B.Auden went about his surveying business in Indian Himalayas he had a caravan of porters, helpers and every body who could hike. They must've been well geared. FYI,  Auden's Col trek is a mountain pass and touches a height of 5400 meters. It is windy and cold out there and one has to camp at scary Khatling glacier and negotiate it's crevices with full attention. 

I guess my time has come. Let me go Auden's way and explore his Col.

No comments:

Post a Comment